The Cleveland Council of Black Colleges Alumni Association is pleased to announce the 2017 “I Love This HBCU” Scholarship Award opportunity. Through the sincere love and respect of our alma maters, the alumni takes great pride in this effort and hopes that it will benefit deserving students from Northeast Ohio to begin or continue their matriculation at a Historically Black College or University. You can’t receive a scholarship award unless you apply. The criteria listed below, details the eligibility requirements for the scholarship award. All eligible applicants are encouraged to apply.
- $2,000.00 – Currently enrolled undergraduate HBCU Student. To support tuition, room & board and other fees associated with a student account to be applied as those “last dollars” after all other financial aid has been applied.
- $1,000.00 – Entering (1st time) College Freshman (Class of 2017 high school student). To be expressly designated for books and supplies during this initial year of enrollment.
- January 17, 2017 @ 12:00 AM EST
- April 21, 2017 @ 11:59 PM EST
- Cumulative 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Any accredited public or private Historically Black College or University.
- Cleveland Council of Black Colleges Alumni Association Board of Directors, Scholarship Committee members and their families shall not be eligible during the term of office.
- Fall 2017 Term/1st Semester and Spring 2018 Term/2nd Semester.
- Check will be disbursed upon verification of enrollment and GPA for the commencing academic term.
To be eligible for this one-time award, a student must complete the application and submit (electronically in PDF form) verification of the following:
For More Information:
Tosha Hudson, Chair
Mail Official Transcript To:
Cleveland Council of Black Colleges Alumni Association
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 201552
Shaker Heights, OH 44120